Saturday, April 16, 2011

The radio interview on Geek FM!

Last Tuesday, I was privileged to be able to be a subject of a radio interview with Geek FM (link: http://scarlet-rhapsody.com/geekfm/ ).

It's been years since I've done a radio interview. Listening to the interview, I was counting the times I went "um" and "like" as I do usually do in my speech, but it wasn't as bad as I thought.

Because I've never done an internet radio interview before, I did not know what to expect. Justin, one of the hosts was alongside me while Jared was in his house interviewing me through skype. Ah! The wonders of technology. Speaking of wondering about technology, I *still* need to figure out how to do skype one of these days. I think I have an innate fear of skype because it would be a secondhand version of chatroulette, even if it has been demonstrated to me several times that it's not the case.

Anyway, the first part was being a guest host on the show and I had no idea that they never had a guest before on the show. I was a guinea pig! But the people there: Justin, Andrea, Stan, Vic and Jared were great, they were easy to chat with AND we were all geeks! So we got to talk about anything and everything geeky.

I also didn't know that it was going to go for 2 hours. We got THAT carried away chatting :)

Then after all that, they conducted the interview with me where I got to talk about Hurry Up and Wait as well as some of my other projects like the Labyrinth of Jareth and LARP.

Andrea brought gluten-free brownies. I never have known they were gluten-free. They were quite nummy.

They said that I would be welcome back any time to guest host again. When my schedule settles down a bit, I may take them up on that...

~Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment